There are times in your life when your confidence goes south, and you feel down and depress with yourself.
Here are 15 quick and practical methods to increase your confidence one day at a time.
1. Play to your strengths. Know what you are good at and expose yourself to these opportunities at every opportunity – because you’re good at it, you’ll enjoy it and have more confidence.
2. Improve your weaknesses. Know and appreciate what these are and put a plan in place to improve them over time.
3. Smile a lot more. That doesn’t mean putting a silly grin on your face! But smile when you walk down the street when you meet people and generally be happier even if you’re not feeling that way.
4. Learn from the past; don’t beat yourself up about it. It’s gone; it’s never coming back. Instead, learn from it for next time.
5. Are you prepared for situations? Are you ready enough to meet any challenge that may come up? Are you ready for that meeting, that presentation, that job interview, when you meet someone for the first time? If not, get to it.
6. Learn how to say no to people. Don’t be afraid; you’ve got nothing to be scared of. Just watch the reaction on their face after you’ve said it the first time, and there will be no going back.
7. Be in charge of your thoughts at all times. What is a thought? It’s just a question that you’ve asked yourself, and the thought is your answer. If you’re thinking negative thoughts, you’re probably asking a negative question. Change the questions to be more positive.
8. You feel a negative thought coming, STOP, THINK, and say is this important in the grand scheme of things. A lot of the time, it is not. Many people in life worry about minor things.
9. List the words you use when you feel let down or annoyed. People use different words to mean the same thing, and depending upon the intensity of the story, this will affect your confidence. Instead of saying “I’m enraged about this,” say, “I’m a little annoyed.” Make a substitute list for the words that you use. Please make sure they are lower in intensity, and then use them. You’ll be surprised by the results.
10. Every morning when you’re in the shower, play over in your head the events in the day as though they have already happened and they were a success. Visualize all of the meetings that you had, the people you talked to, the outcomes you had. Visualize success and confidence, and it will be so.
11. Improve your body language. The way that you move your body has a massive impact on your confidence levels. Move your body assertively and walk with your head up, shoulders back, and as though you’ve got somewhere significant to go. Feeling low in confidence? Change your body language
12. Emotion is created by motion. As in 11, make sure you move around consistently. This creates energy and gets the blood pumping around your body – it makes you feel better and more confident.
13. Be positive. Look on the “can do” side of things rather than the “can’t do.” You’ve accomplished lots in your life, and you will achieve lots more in the future.
14. At the end of each day, list your achievements and successes throughout that day.
15. Be appreciative of what you have to be thankful for in your life right now. Who do you love? Who loves you? Who do you help out with?
I hope you can use these suggestions listed above to increase your confidence and at the same time gives renew energy within yourself to live life at a peak level.
Like anything in life, you will have to take action every day to make the changes and experience new results.
Want to change your mindset now? Click here to schedule your complimentary discovery session.
To your success
Your Coach Lionel Sanabria